[EPISODE 2] Holistic approach to skin health with Narelle Cooke
Today we are very pleased to welcome Narelle Cooke, a Naturopath, Herbalist and Animal Nutritionist as our first guest expert on A Modern Animal. Together with our co hosts Dr Mike and Gabe, they will discuss:
- How Narelle combined her knowledge and passion to treat both human patients and their pets.
- Why so many dogs present with skin issues
- The role of diet in managing skin problems
- How healing the gut could lead to improved skin health
- Stress, the immune system and their impact on the skin
- Practical first steps towards skin health solutions for pet parents
"Even small changes on a daily basis over time can lead to huge benefits for pet health" Narelle Cooke
ABOUT OUR GUEST - NARELLE COOKE:
Narelle Cooke is an accredited Clinical Naturopath, Nutritionist and Herbalist, and operate her own wellness clinic ‘Natural Health and Nutrition’ in Sydney. Being a life-long pet owner Narelle is also super passionate about the health and wellbeing of pets as she is about their owners. Narelle has an incredibly strong scientific background in both human and pet health and holds the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) (ACNT)
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science (honours) (The University of Melbourne)
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy (AIAS)
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine (AIAS)
- Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine (AIAS)
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Training
- Fitgenes Accredited Practitioner
- Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training (NDTF)
- Certificate in Natural Animal Nutrition (CIVT)
- Certificate in Animal Nutrition (HATO)
- Certificate In Animal Health Sciences (CIVT)
- Certified Pet Food and Raw Food Nutrition Specialist
- Certified Acute Canine Herbalism Specialist
- Advanced Canine Nutrition Specialist
Narelle is a registered member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS) and practice according to their professional Code of Conduct. We are very excited to have Narelle on the show and couldn't think of anyone more suited as our first guest expert on A Modern Animal.
- Narelle's website: https://naturalhealthandnutrition.com.au
- Narelle's contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org Discount coupon code for 50% off online course ‘How to understand commercial pet food labels’ - LABELS50OFF Accessible from Narelle's website shop: https://naturalhealthandnutrition.com...
Good evidence-based resources for pet owners:
- Planet Paws (Dr Karen Becker & Rodney Habib): https://www.insidescoop.pet
- College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies short courses for pet owners: https://civtedu.org/courses/pet-owners
- Research by DogRisk at the University of Helsinki: https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/researchg...
- For pet owners wanting custom diets for their pets by veterinary nutritionists: https://www.veterinarynutritiongroup.com